Note: For longer runs, some applications may experience Voltage Drop. Click to learn more.
N.S.C. System Connection Example
When it comes to pond or pool lighting, this solid brass LED underwater light is hard to beat. This heavy duty pond light fixture uses the cutting edge NSC wiring system, which significantly cuts down on installation times. In just a single afternoon, you can light up your backyard pond or pool with ease, no cutting or splicing of wires! The solid cast brass construction is perfect for even the harshest outdoor underwater pond LED light projects and the fixture body is mounted to a solid cast brass aiming bracket & surface mounting base.
N.S.C. Retrofit Adapter Diagram
To retrofit this fixture to your existing lighting setup, simply use our retrofit adapter (available as additional option) and you can easily connect your new fixture without splicing any wires, saving you a lot of time during installation!
Solid Brass Construction
- This underwater LED light is made from solid brass that prevents rust and corrosion, protecting against the hazards of the outdoors.
- The adjustable swivel allows for full control of your lighting angle.
- Please be aware that when using underwater fixtures, you must avoid using strong acid chemicals in that body of water as it will destroy the fixtures. For more detailed information, please click here.
No Splice Connection Wiring System
- Leave the wire strippers in your tool box because with AQLighting's new N.S.C. system, you won't need them for your submersible LED pond lighting application.
- Each point of contact is tool-free, watertight and can be connected in ~5 seconds. This wiring system will save you a ton of time and labor and offers the ability to service your fixtures in seconds without removing the entire system.
- Also, should you desire more light fixtures in the future, the system is easily expandable.
- 1x Cast Brass Underwater Spotlight
- 1x Cast Brass Aiming Bracket (attached)
- 1x Cast Brass Surface Mounting Base (attached)
- 1x LED MR16 Light Bulb
|Socket Type||GU5.3 JC Bi-Pin|
|Power Rating||50w Max|
|Wiring||8" N.S.C. 2-Pin Lead|
|Mounting||Surface Mounting Base|
This unit is an NSC light fixture, which means that it offers the same benefits as commercial grade lighting, but without the need for hard wiring. The NSC system uses a water-tight 2-pin connection, each of which is IP68 rated—to ensure wiring is protected and the polarity is consistent.
The most common cause of damage in submersible pond & fountain lights are due to user error during installation. Therefore, it's crucial to choose high quality submersible lights that offer multiple safeguards and a strong build construction to maximize the fixture's longevity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Open Face Solid Brass Spotlight
What tips are recommended to preserve the fixtures longer and also be easier to open when their light bulbs go out?
LED bulbs can last a very long time so if this fixture is submerged for multiple years it may be difficult to remove the cover screws. So we recommend using anti-seize on every thread.
Why is there a floating socket?
When the socket is at the bottom of the fixture it is very difficult to install the bulb. You can't get your fingers inside the fixture with a bulb in your hand. Also, it keeps the bulb tight against glass so that you have optimal light output.
How deep in the water can these be placed?
Most underwater fountain lights are rated for up to 1 meter.
If I wanted this in a jacuzzi, how would the heat effect the fixture or wiring?
Pond and fountain lights must be rated to be installed in pools and jacuzzis. A fountain light could be rated for a fountain but not rated for a pool or a jacuzzi so you have to be very careful before installing any luminaire in or near water. All electrical codes must be followed.
For the raw brass finish, what could I apply to the fixture to preserve the look if I wanted to avoid pool chemicals.
Brass will patina to a dark brown color so it doesn't really require any type of sealer or protective coating. With that being said, if there are too many chemicals or if the ph is unbalanced brass can be destroyed. Brass is composed of copper and zinc. The harsh chemicals and ph can actually separate the 2 metals.
How does the water effect the light output for this fixture?
Water diffuses light rapidly so the deeper you place the fixture the brighter the bulb you may want . Keeping a tighter beam spread will also help.