Tried and true, the LARA underwater spotlight kit makes the most of its JC Bi-Pin socket. Each composite spotlight is rated for a maximum of 10w, creating a total of 30w of light for the whole kit. If you need even more light, don't worry; this LARA kit is LED ready, capable of taking our line of LED MR11 light bulbs for maximum energy savings and a drastic increase in light output.
Included with each spotlight is a series of 4 colored lens, which allows you to change the light output to create beautiful themed lighting. The lens come in red, yellow, green and blue and are held in place with the mason jar style cover. Versatile colored underwater lighting, thy name be LARA.
Included with the LARA kit is our UL listed, rainproof AC Class 2 transformer, which is rated for 30w max output. While this transformer is not rated to be submerged, it is designed to work in areas with high humidity or be splashed occasionally, making it ideal for fountains or ponds with pumps. The plug in transformer attaches to the string of composite spotlights with a 2 pronged connector and secured by a heavy duty plastic wire nut for easy installation
- 3 X Underwater Composite Light Fixtures
- 3 X Halogen 10w MR11 Light Bulbs
- 1 X UL Listed 30w outdoor transformer
- 3 X Red Colored Lens
- 3 X Yellow Colored Lens
- 3 X Green Colored Lens
- 3 X Blue Colored Lens
- Heavy Gauge Black ABS Plastic Construction
- JC Bi-Pin Socket for MR11 Type Bulbs(LED-Ready)
- Directional Swivel
- Water Tight Rubber Wet Seal Gasket
- UL Listed Low Voltage 30 Watt Max Rainproof Transformer
- 4 Color Lenses Included
|Material||Heavy Duty ABS|
|Socket||G4 JC Bi-Pin|
|Power Rating||30w Total (10w Max per Fixture)|
|Fixture Seal||Water Tight Rubber Wet Seal Gasket|
|Transformer||12V 30W UL Listed Outdoor Transformer|
When installing this underwater spotlight kit, please make sure that each fixture is sealed before submerging in water. Though each spotlight comes from the factory with the cover attached, we highly recommend removing the cover to ensure that the gasket is properly seated to keep water from entering.
- To check the seal, unscrew the cover of the fixture by gripping onto the octagon shaped bit and turning it counter-clockwise 1/4 of a rotation then gently pull.
- The red gasket must be seated inside the inner ridge of the spotlight to ensure that water cannot enter the fixture.
- Replace the plastic curved lens and octagon shaped cover. To test the fixture's water tightness, you can submerge the fixture in water for a short period of time (10-15 mins) and check for leaks by turning the fixture upside down and looking in the curved lens cover.
With the halogen light bulbs on, condensation inside the fixture may occur but more than light condensation may be the result of a leaking gasket or cracked fixture body. For further assistance, please contact our support staff at 1 (800) 865-7221.
WARNING: the spotlights are submersible, the transformer is NOT!
The transformer for this underwater light kit is UL approved for safe operation.
CAUTION: Though these lights may be used either in or out of water, when used out of water, the fixtures may get hot. Be careful not to place them in contact with materials that can burn.
If located outside of water for extended periods of time, the lens cover might receive damage from the heat generated by the halogen bulbs.
These light fixtures and transformer are warranted for 12 months from the date of purchase. Proof of purchase is required for claiming warranties. Bulbs are NOT covered under warranty. If your fixture(s) or transformer proves defective during this period, please call 1 (800) 865-7221 for assistance/replacement.